Memorandum of Association:
The Krishna River Management Board (KRMB) is an autonomous body established as per AP Re-Organization Act, 2014 under the administrative control of MoWR to manage and regulate the Waters of Krishna Basin in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Sources of Revenue:
According to AP Re-Organization Act, 2014 section 86, para 2, The Government of the successor States shall at all times provide the necessary funds to the Board to meet all expenses (including the salaries and allowances of the staff) required for the discharge of its functions and such amounts shall be apportioned between the States concerned in such proportion as the Central Government may, having regard to the benefits to each of the said States, specify.
MINISTRY OF WATER RESOURCES
New Delhi, the 28th May, 2014,
S.O.1391(E) – In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (1), (4) and (5) of Section 85 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014 (6 of 2014), the Central Government hereby constitutes the Krishna River Management Board for the administration, regulation, maintenance and operation of such projects on Krishna river, as may be notified by the Central Government from time to time, consisting of the following Chairperson and Members, namely:-
(1) An officer of the level of Additional Secretary to the Government of India from the Central Water Engineering (Group “A”) Service - Chairperson
(2) Two members, to be nominated by each of the successor - States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, of which one shall be the technical member not below the rank of Chief Engineer and the other administrative member to represent the concerned States - Members
(3) One expert from the Central Power Engineering (Group ‘A’) Service - Members
(4) An officer not below the rank of Chief Engineer from the Central Water Engineering (Group 'A') Service - Member Secretary
2. The headquarters of the Krishna River Management Board shall be at Hyderabad.
The Ministry of Jal Shakti, Department of Water Resources, RD & GR has notified Jurisdiction of KRMB in the Gazette Notification No. S.O.2842 (E) Dated: 15.07.2021.
Other supportive document: