[WING HEAD: COMMISSIONER (Flood Management)]
A. DIVISIONAL HEAD: SENIOR JOINT COMMISSIONER-I
- India-Bangladesh matters
- Implementation of Ganges Treaty (1996) with Bangladesh on the sharing of Ganga/ Ganges waters at Farakka during the lean season. All matters relating to the Joint Committee headed by Commissioner (FM) to oversee the implementation of the Treaty and arrangements for Joint observations at Farakka (India) and Hardinge Bridge (Bangladesh) on river Ganga as per provisions of the Treaty.
- Matters relating to India-Bangladesh Joint Rivers Commission (JRC) headed by Union Minister of Water Resources, RD & GR and other Joint Committees/ Standing Committees between the two countries.
- All matters relating to India-Bangladesh water resources development/ projects on common / border rivers.
2. Examination of multipurpose, major/ medium irrigation and power projects in Ganga basin from international angle in light of Ganges Treaty 1996.
3. Technical matters relating to Farakka Barrage Project.
4. RTI matters pertaining to Flood Management Wing.
B. DIVISIONAL HEAD: SENIOR JOINT COMMISSIONER-II
- Implementation of State Sector Scheme “Flood Management Programme” in the country.
- Implementation of Central Sector Scheme “River Management Activities and Works related to Border Areas”
- Expert Committees / Task Forces / Working Groups on Flood Management
- National Disaster Management Authority matters related to floods.
C. DIVISIONAL HEAD: SENIOR JOINT COMMISSIONER-III
- India-Nepal Matters
- Implementation of Mahakali Treaty for the “Integrated Development of the Mahakali River including Sarada Barrage, Tanakpur Barrage and Pancheshwar Project”. All matters related to Pancheshwar Development Authorit
- Matters relating to various joint India-Nepal Committees including Joint Ministerial Commission on Water Resources (JMCWR), Joint Committee on Water Resources (JCWR), Joint Standing Technical Committee (JSTC), Joint Team of Experts(JTE), Joint Committee on Inundation and Flood Management (JCIFM), Joint Committee on Kosi and Gandak Projects (JCKGP).
- Matters related to India-Nepal joint projects including Sapta Kosi High Dam Multipurpose Project and Sun Kosi Storage cum Diversion Scheme, Kamala Dam project and Bagmati Dam project.
- All matters relating to India-Nepal water resources development.
- Technical matters related to Ganga Flood Control Commission.
D. DIVISIONAL HEAD: SENIOR JOINT COMMISSIONER-IV
- Technical Matters pertaining to Upper Yamuna River Board, Upper Yamuna Review Committee and Yamuna Standing Committee.
- Steering the implementation of balance works of North Koel Reservoir Project.
- Implementation of MoU on sharing of Yamuna waters, Renuka, Kishau and Lakhwar-Vyasi dams in Yamuna basin.
- Matters related to raw water supply to Delhi. General matters of Ganga Basin.
- Nodal for e-Governance, e-office, Court cases, CPGRAMS matters of Flood Management Wing
- RTI matters pertaining to Flood Management Wing.