WING HEAD: COMMISSIONER (Indus)
DIVISIONAL HEAD: SR. JOINT COMMISSIONER- II
- Matters related to Eastern Rivers of Indus System and BBMB
- Sutlej-Yamuna Link (SYL) Canal – Works related to its implementation, court cases, meetings, funding and release of grants-in-aid.
- Water related issues among Punjab, Haryana and Rajasthan – Restoration of 0.6 MAF of Rajasthan’s share of surplus Ravi Beas waters, Transfer of Control of Headworks at Ropar, Ferozepur and Harike, BML-Hansi Branch-Butana Branch Multipurpose Link channel, court cases thereof etc.
- Central Assistance for emergent counter protective works of rivers Ravi and Sutlej, works related to the Monitoring Committee thereof.
- Matters relating to the progress of Indira Gandhi Nahar Project, Indira Gandhi Nahar Board.
- Matters relating to Bhakra Beas Management Board.
- Northern Zonal Council meetings relating to Indus Basin matters.
- Resettlement of Pong Dam oustees – High Level Committee and Sub-Committee meetings, interaction on related matters including court cases with Beas Construction Board and Ministry of Power.
- Matters of Thein (Ranjit Sagar) & Shahpurkandi Dams, relating to sharing of Ravi Beas waters.
Matters related to implementation of RTI Act, 2005 on all the above.
- Matters related to Indus Waters Treaty 1960
- Tours of inspection and meetings of Permanent Indus Commission.
- Work in connection with Secretary Level meeting with Pakistan for talks at Govt. level.
- Collection and Supply of daily Gauge & Discharge data of rivers to Pakistan.
- Supply of Irrigated Crop Area Statistics for the Western Rivers of Indus Basin for Kharif and Rabi seasons on District wise/ Tehsil wise to Pakistan.
- Communication of Flood warning messages to Pakistan from 1st July to 10th of October on river Chenab, Jammu Tawi, Ravi, and Sutlej on request of Pakistan Commissioner received every year.
- Supply of Information of Hydro Electric (H.E.) & Storage Projects on Western Rivers as per Treaty, data collection from project authorities, analysis of consistency, review & supply.
- Dealing with issues raised on projects from Treaty angle from time to time. Currently active projects:
- Kishenganga H.E. Project.
- Ratle H.E. Project.
- Miyar Nallah H.E. Project.
- Lower Kalnai H.E. Project.
- Pakal Dul H.E. Project.
- Tulbul Navigation Project.
- Other Hydro-electric Projects for which information is supplied to Pakistan.
- River training works on river Ravi.
- Interaction with Pakistan Commissioner on matters related to implementation of Treaty; also with L&T, PAI Divisions of Ministry of External Affairs on these matters and policy issues.
- Clearance of projects of Indus Basin from Treaty angle.